Thursday, July 18, 2013

How does this video speak to you?

http://vimeo.com/64410009

I often find it hard to keep myself motivated to follow my goals and dreams without the struggle of wanting to venture off into the new. I feel at times that I have so many eyes on me, so many opinions of "what she will do next". So many expectations that need to be filled coming both from loved ones and society and sometimes all I want to do is fulfill them. All I want to do is see my parent happy saying that I did right.

I feel held back at times. Wanting to find myself in this big world and yet so many people telling me I cant do this or I cant do that. Whats their reason for telling me I cant? For protection. I'm being held in this tiny little box, that my mind fights through every day to protect me from a world that I have yet to find. Keeping me sheltered in and saying this is the safest way for me to live. But when I am on my own, when I make my own decisions and if I ever happen to fall, who will be there to help me up or who will be there to help me.

Sometimes I feel like I am running into all of this blind folded. Not knowing where to turn and what I cant see. But then at times I have that shed of light. That little piece of light that shines some of the way, my motivation. Its the only thing that keeps me walking through the world I am not able to see completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment